How has 2016 turned out for you?
Good? Lousy? Could be better?
Honestly for most of us, we won’t know. Even if you have an answer, it would probably co-relate very much to what happened this week.
So if this has been a horrible week for you, that would probably be the same answer to how your year has been.
For me, I can honestly say that the year has been much more amazing that I thought.
For the very first time, I did a review of what happened in 2016. I ran through my calendar entries, blogs and facebook posts over the past year.
And it is incredible how much of it went missing from my memory until I was reminded from my research.
Here’s a recap of everything that happened.
Few important highlights:
- 58,915 views on my blog (42% increase).
- 43,768 visitors.
- I published 73 posts.
- My top 3 posts:
- After a successful digital agency exit, he is looking disrupt the finance industry (539 social shares)
- How Start-up TheSmartLocal Disrupted Lifestyle Publishing in Singapore (446 social shares)
- Interview With Entrepreneur Koh Kai Xin (418 social shares)
- Interviewed 20 entrepreneurs.
- Spun off my writing on parenting to myfuntasticfour.com.
- Won Top 50 entrepreneurs blogs and Top 100 HR blogs award.
- Spoke at:
- Got highly involved in the HR tech community (Read my reviews here and here).
- Confirmed that I am unemployable.
- Started a new business in HR Consultancy – The Resource Group.
- Picked up meditation.
- Completed my first online course on negotiation.
- Emcee at:
- Featured on:
- Contracted and survived dengue.
- Maintaining ketogenic diet.
- Disbanded the football team I was managing and playing in for the past five years.
- Picked up cycling instead.
- Picked up golf again too.
- Went to Myanmar for the first time.
- Attended F1 for the first time (The race didn’t interest me. The food on the other hand…)
- Calendar everything (Even when to walk my dog).
- Installed StayFocusd to limit social media time on weekdays to 10 mins.
- Start listening to podcasts. It includes:
- Did my first personal goal setting and force myself to do so by paying for a goal setting course.
I want to thank you for supporting us by offering feedback, sharing our articles, leaving comments, and suggesting new topic ideas.
Without you, my blog wouldn’t be where it is today.
And for the first time in my life, I am so excited about 2017 because there is so much to look forward to.
Details to come soon.
Trust me on this. Do a year review and goal setting. You will feel likewise too.
In the meanwhile, will you help me reach one of my 2017 goal?
I want to pass 1,000 likes on Facebook, where I curate and share relevant postings & articles. Thanks 🙂